[linux-dvb] Margi/Billionton DVD-to-Go PC-Card Driver

    >> -----Original Message----- From: linux-dvb-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
    >> [mailto:linux-dvb-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris
    >> Warren
    >>
    >> Looks like quite a challenge to update for 2.6 kernels, the
    >> kernel PCMCIA drivers and the current DVB API! Here goes!
    >>

    Chris> Right, I've got the DVD-to-Go driver compiling with the
    Chris> above, but there are a number of missing symbols (one is
    Chris> CardServices - which I think I can safely remove, but will
    Chris> check elsewhere) and the other 3 are DVB related.

    Chris> Can someone advise me on how to revise code that relies on
    Chris> struct ipack?  Looking at the DVB drivers, it seems all
    Chris> ipack code is commented out, so I assume the functionality
    Chris> is available via other calls.

    Chris> The code uses struct ipack for one function: cvdv.c: static
    Chris> int dvb_write_to_decoder(struct dvb_demux_feed *dvbdmxfeed,
    Chris> uint8_t *buf, size_t count)

    Chris> The code uses the following functions:
    Chris> dvb_filter_ipack_free(struct ipack*);
    Chris> dvb_filter_ts_to_pes(struct ipack *, uint8_t *);
    Chris> dvb_filter_setup_ts2pes(struct ipack*, struct ipack*,
    Chris> uint8_t, uint8_t, void(*)(uint8_t *buf, int count, void
    Chris> *priv), void*);

    Chris> Functions similar to the bottom two are commented out in
    Chris> dvb_filter.c, but they rely on code that's been removed.

Those functions were used to transform the transport stream into
something resembling a program stream. If you just want to use the
video and audio devices and not the dvr device for playback of
transport streams, you don't need them. You could remove all code
concerning the dvr device.

By the way, about a year ago I was contacted by
Avi Cohen Stuart <astuart@xxxxxxx> and he wanted to work on the margie
drivers. I gave him my latest sources and I think he got some of the
adaptations to newer kernels done. I haven't heard from him in a
while, so I don't know what became of the project.

Marcus

| mocm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodies                 <<<|