[linux-dvb] My Twinhan DVB-T CI won't tune

Jukka Tastula wrote:
> On Sunday 12 June 2005 20:58, Manu Abraham wrote:
>
>>If people report back their problems, then only they can be solved.
>>What errors do you see ? i2c_communication errors ? tuning errors ?
>
> Just did a clean checkout and now all I get is this (kernel version 2.6.9)
>
> write_dst: _write_dst error (err == -5, len == 0x08, b0 == 0x00)
> dst_error_recovery: Trying to return from previous errors...

These are i2c communication errors ..

There were some differences/dependencies that happened ... the dst
driver depends upon the bttv driver..

> in dmesg when I tune to a channel with tzap. It repeats every once in a
> while but it seems to lock okay and the picture comes out nicely.

The dst driver depends upon the bttv driver.. In the latest dst version,
  it requires a bttv patch to fix this timing issue to prevent i2c
communication errors ..

This patch is not there in vanilla 2.6.9. It made into 2.6.12-rc4 or 5 i
think.. But since 2.6.12 is out, i don't think that does matter, or does
it .. ?

Without this patch, some cards will tune, for example one of my card
also does, but will give lot of i2c communication errors.. It is those
errors that which you are seeing ..

You are quite lucky to have a strong signal, else you would not have
seen any picture at all...

But at some point of time you can have these in a while, which is of no
cause of alarm.. That is why a retry i2c communication routine is there ..

> I guess you guys (mostly anyway) fixed it already then. Will have to see if
> it blows up in an hour or two.

It is those i2c fixes that helped many people otherwise.. There are
quite a couple of issues like this, waiting to be fixed... If only
people report their experiences, then only can it take a smooth
transition.. the earlier you report the same the earlier fixes can be
found..

Manu