[linux-dvb] DEC2000 AMD64 sync problems

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Dave Chapman wrote:
>
>> I'm assuming from the filename and the seeder's email address (the UK),
>> that this is Channel 4 on the UK's DVB-T network.
>>
>> I record from that channel occasionally, and have never had problems
>> with missing video timestamps.
>>
>> Are you sure that mpeg2desc can handle transport streams?  The version
>> installed on my system can't (but I forget where it came from).
>>
>> Dave.
>>

> it does, because although it doesn't support mpeg-ts it recognizes pes
> headers.
> ts2ps shows the same output

I've looked at this stream (thanks Nico for sending it to me), and it
does seem to be very odd - but I don't think it's anything strange the
broadcaster is doing, because I've got perfectly good recordings I've
made myself from that channel.

The audio stream seems perfect, but the PES headers in the video stream
are very, err.., minimal:

00 00 01 e0 03 fb 80 00 00

This indicates a PES_packet_length of 0x03fb (it's normally zero for
video packets) and no PTS or DTS values.

Is the problem in the part of the DEC2000T driver that recreates the
vidoe PES headers? (I'm assuming that the DEC2000T doesn't give access
to the original transport stream).

Dave.