[linux-dvb] DEC2000 AMD64 sync problems

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> nyk wrote:
>

>> The file drift more out of sync over time and I don't see any dropped
>> packets in dmesg unlike my PIII laptop which loses packets and drifts...
>>
>> hth,
>> Nyk
>>

> Hi,
> sorry for the long delay.
> That sample is the most broken mess I've ever seen: no video packet has
> timestamps!
> run
>
> $ mpeg2desc < C4orig.mpg | grep pts | less
>
> as you can see audio timestamps range from 46941.945 to 47010.225, while
> video timestamps are never set.
> It's no susprise that mencoder and mplayer complain.
>
> Who is transmitting that stuff?

I'm assuming from the filename and the seeder's email address (the UK),
that this is Channel 4 on the UK's DVB-T network.

I record from that channel occasionally, and have never had problems
with missing video timestamps.

Are you sure that mpeg2desc can handle transport streams?  The version
installed on my system can't (but I forget where it came from).

Dave.