[linux-dvb] Twinhan DVB-T PCI

Henrik J?nsson wrote:

>>>Hi
>>>now i've totaly screwed it up :-/
>>
>>Looks so at least .. SuSE is one big pain, i realized it practically..
>>

>>>when i try to load the bttv driver by doing *modprobe bttv -v i2c_hw=1
>>>card=0x71* I'll get:
>>>insmod /lib/modules/2.6.11.7/kernel/drivers/media/video/bttv.ko i2c_hw=1
>>>card=0x71
>>>FATAL: Error inserting bttv
>>>(/lib/modules/2.6.11.7/kernel/drivers/media/video/bttv.ko): Unknown
>>>symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
>>>
>>>when i doing a dmesg this turns up:
>>>bttv: disagrees about version of symbol tveeprom_read
>>>bttv: Unknown symbol tveeprom_read
>>>
>>>So now all i have to do is figure out what i did wrong when i tryed to
>>>update the modules.
>>>btw the modelnumber on my tvcard is 3040. it was atleast what it sayed
>>>on the box but if it doesn't make sence get back to me and i'll try to
>>>find it out
>>
>>The 3040 works with the latest dvb-kernel CVS patches and the
>>bttv-freeze patch on kernels > 2.6.10-rc2.
>>
>>Manu
>>

> Hi
> now i've tryed with cvs drivers, latest bttv driver and it still like
> before it persist to register the dst frontend as a DVB-S. Can the
> problem be that i haven't connected the CI-modul to the card or it is

The CI module does not have anything to do with basic detection..

> still me that are doing something wrong

Yes, most probably .. the reason is that dst_check_ci itself is not
there in the latest CVS tree..
Try to get the latest CVS drivers running, after that we can sort
problems out if any ..

with the latest CVS drivers, the dst module takes in parameters verbose
and debug

so use modprobe dst verbose=5 debug=1 to load the module.. let's see
what happens.. you need the bttv and the rest of the modules as
described earlier ..

Manu