[linux-dvb] Twinhan DVB-T PCI

Henrik J?nsson wrote:

> >> Hello
> >> I've got a problem I hope someone can help me whit. I have a
> Twinhan DTV
> >> Ter- CI split but I accidently did break the cabel between the CI-card
> >> and the tv-card, anyway thats not the problem. When i do modprobe like
> >> this:
>
> >> DVB: registering new adapter (bttv0).
> >> dst_check_ci: unable to recognize  or DTT-CI
> >> dst_check_ci please email linux-dvb at linuxtv.org
> type in
> >> DST type : satellite
> >> DST type flags : 0x4 symdiv
> >> DVB: registering frontend 0 (DST DVB-S)...
> >>
> >> My problem is now why wont the frontend register it as a DVB-T card.
> >> everthing else seems to be right except thoose last lines.
> >>

> > I think you are using a bit old driver. Can you please update to the
> > latest dvb-kernel CVS and let know how it proceeds.. ?
> >
> > BTW, which card are you using ? I mean the model number ?
> >

> > If it is a new card, not identified by the driver, it would just say
> > that ..
> >
> > Manu
>
> Sure i'll try that after this weekend and get back on how it went, i
> will asso get back on the model number thing =o) (not home this weekend)
>
> btw im using SuSE 9.2 with kernel 2.6.11.7 the only thing i've done
> besides upgrading the kernel is used the bttv-freeze patch.
>
> Best Regards
>    Henrik J?nsson

Hi
now i've totaly screwed it up :-/
when i try to load the bttv driver by doing *modprobe bttv -v i2c_hw=1
card=0x71* I'll get:
insmod /lib/modules/2.6.11.7/kernel/drivers/media/video/bttv.ko i2c_hw=1
card=0x71
FATAL: Error inserting bttv
(/lib/modules/2.6.11.7/kernel/drivers/media/video/bttv.ko): Unknown
symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

when i doing a dmesg this turns up:
bttv: disagrees about version of symbol tveeprom_read
bttv: Unknown symbol tveeprom_read
bttv: disagrees about version of symbol tveeprom_read
bttv: Unknown symbol tveeprom_read
bttv: disagrees about version of symbol tveeprom_read
bttv: Unknown symbol tveeprom_read
bttv: disagrees about version of symbol tveeprom_read
bttv: Unknown symbol tveeprom_read

So now all i have to do is figure out what i did wrong when i tryed to
update the modules.
btw the modelnumber on my tvcard is 3040. it was atleast what it sayed
on the box but if it doesn't make sence get back to me and i'll try to
find it out
Regards
Henrik J?nsson