[linux-dvb] Converting TS file to DVD format

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> C.Y.M wrote:
>
>> Nico Sabbi wrote:
>>

>>> you have been very lucky not to destroy dync. You simply should use
>>>
>>> mencoder -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:vbitrate=9000 -o
>>> /home/video/$1.mpg -oac copy -ovc copy *.vdr
>>>

>> Ok, this works as well.  But the sync is not right.
>

> was it right with the other method?

No, it was about the same.

>> I have a feeling the desync
>> has to do with the cut marks I have created and processed with vdr on
>> the recording.
>>

> maybe. I will never get tired of complaining of .vdr file format: it
> serves no
> purpose and should be simply dropped in favor of mpeg-[tp]s

ack.

>> It appears we lose ~200ms of audio for every cut mark that is created and
>> processed by vdr.  I have experimented with other demuxers and
>> lvedemux appears
>> to work as well.  What I have done is count the blocks of video and
>> multiply
>> that by 200ms.  Then use that calculation in the "time shift" switch
>> here (-sh):
>>

> generally TV stations transmit audio  ~200 ms ahead of video, but mencoder
> should compensate automatically for them, unless you use -mc 0 and -noskip.
> These options generally make a lot of sense and don't generate frame
> freezes,
> but when muxing from dvb streams (with so high audio preloads) I prefer
> to avoid them and
> let mencoder auto-sync.
>
>> mkfifo file.m2v file.mpa
>> cat 00*.vdr|pes2ts2 100 101|ts2ps 100 101 > file.ps
>> lvedemux file.ps | lvemux -p -1 -r -sh -400 -v file.m2v -a file.mpa -o
>> file.mpg
>>
>> Note: -400ms would be for a recording with two blocks of video (-600ms
>> for 3
>> blocks, etc..). This is to compensate for the loss of audio on the cuts.
>>

> I bet that if you had the original .ts you wouldn't have this problem.
> try to run
>
> mencoder -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd -oac copy -ovc copy -o file.mpg
> dvb://TV
>
> and see yourself: after few seconds audio will be automatically synced.

can you tell me how to fix this? Im using a FF card, so I was hoping that
mencoder could access /dev/video0 (somewhat like tvtime does).

mencoder -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd -oac copy -ovc copy -o file.mpg dvb://TV
MEncoder dev-CVS-050329-03:24-3.3.5 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon 4 /Athlon MP/XP Palomino (Family: 6, Stepping: 2)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE

85 audio & 192 video codecs
File not found: 'frameno.avi'
Failed to open frameno.avi
DVB CONFIGURATION IS EMPTY, exit