[linux-dvb] Converting TS file to DVD format

Nico Sabbi wrote:

> you have been very lucky not to destroy dync. You simply should use
>
> mencoder -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:vbitrate=9000 -o
> /home/video/$1.mpg -oac copy -ovc copy *.vdr

Ok, this works as well.  But the sync is not right.  I have a feeling the desync
has to do with the cut marks I have created and processed with vdr on the recording.

It appears we lose ~200ms of audio for every cut mark that is created and
processed by vdr.  I have experimented with other demuxers and lvedemux appears
to work as well.  What I have done is count the blocks of video and multiply
that by 200ms.  Then use that calculation in the "time shift" switch here (-sh):

mkfifo file.m2v file.mpa
cat 00*.vdr|pes2ts2 100 101|ts2ps 100 101 > file.ps
lvedemux file.ps | lvemux -p -1 -r -sh -400 -v file.m2v -a file.mpa -o file.mpg

Note: -400ms would be for a recording with two blocks of video (-600ms for 3
blocks, etc..). This is to compensate for the loss of audio on the cuts.

>>> I patched the bitrate because the nominal 15000 in digital.ts (that
>>> seems to be fake) is not correct for dvd.
>>> Besides a resolution of 528x480 is not valid either, but most modern
>>> players will accept it, so re-encoding
>>> is not worth the hassle.
>>>
>>> For hdtv the basic command is:
>>>
>>> $ mencoder -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:vbitrate=9000 -o hdtv.dvd -oac
>>> copy -ovc lavc \
>>> -lavcopts
>>> vcodec=mpeg2video:vbitrate=5000:keyint=18:mbd=2:aspect=16/9:vpass=1 -vf
>>> scale=720:-10,expand=720:480
>>>

>> When I attempt this next command line with "mpeg2video", i get an
>> error saying
>> missing "mpeg2video" codec.  But, I know I have the codec installed.
>> Am I doing
>> something wrong with the second command?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>

> are you using one of those castrated packaged ffmpeg/libavcodec/mplayer?
> If so you should compile
> a fresh checkout of ffmpeg+mplayer

Im using cvs for both ffmpeg and mplayer.  I also have just about everything
enabled that I can.  I am assuming that the mpeg2video codec comes from ffmpeg?

Thanks for the help..

Regards,
C.Y.M.