[linux-dvb] Re: mt352_write

Kenneth Aafl?y wrote:
> On Thursday 24 March 2005 23:06, you wrote:
>> Kenneth Aafl?y wrote:
>>> If someone would like to test this patch before I commit it to
>>> CVS, please let me know.
>> I would happy to test this, but I have problems to make the working
>>  saa7134-dvb with linuxtv CVS. I can't use Gerd's one coz the
>> dependences.
> Why can't you apply Gerd's patches to your kernel, recompile and then
>  use the build-2.6 directory to build the dvb-kernel modules?

Ok, I try this:
Unpack Debian kernel 2.6.10 - aply the Gerd's patch for 2.6.10-3 and
make the image and modules.
Now I get the fresh CVS version of linuxtv and use the build-2.6 to make
the linuxtv modules.
And now, when I try to load the saa7134-dvb module, there are these
messages in kernel:

saa7134_dvb: Unknown symbol mt352_attach
saa7134_dvb: Unknown symbol videobuf_dvb_unregister
saa7134_dvb: Unknown symbol videobuf_dvb_register
saa7134_dvb: Unknown symbol mt352_write

Is this what you mean?

>> Hm, but this seems to be compatible with one from kernel source
>> tree. But there must be something nasty, coz it cannot be compiled,
>> and if I compile it, it cannot be loaded to kernel due to these
>> unresolved symbols.
> I'm confused, it cannot be compiled, but it can be compiled?

Sorry, my very bad explanation :-(

The mt352 patch you send here is for linuxtv cvs source, not for Gerd's
one. I can't mix the mt352 stuff from linuxtv with Gerd's.

>> kernel: saa7134_dvb: Unknown symbol videobuf_dvb_unregister kernel:
>> saa7134_dvb: Unknown symbol videobuf_dvb_register
> Did you load the video-buf.ko module?

Loaded automatically by saa7134 module...

--
Ondrej Zima <amiandrew@xxxxxxxx>
Member of Czech ATO - Amiga Translators Organization