[linux-dvb] Re: mt352_write

Kenneth Aafl?y wrote:
> On Saturday 19 March 2005 18:16, Kenneth Aafl?y wrote:
>>On Saturday 19 March 2005 17:37, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
>>>I once introduced this ugly write, because the dibusb-device which uses
>>>the mt352 is only able to write one reg at a time.
>>>At that time some suggested to place it in dibusb instead of mt352, I
>>>ignored that, but now I know this is the right way to go.
>>>Did you already commit the change? Because I then have to change dibusb
>>>accordingly.
>>
>>I have not gotten around to committing it yet, and I'm not sure I get why
>>dibusb has to be changed either. I've attached the patch for mt352* so
>>you can have a look at it.
>
> <snip>
>
> I have attached the complete patch this time, so that those who want to can
> read through it and verify that I have not done anything stupid. I have checked
> all register read/write conversions twice, so everything should work just as
> before.
>
> If someone would like to test this patch before I commit it to CVS,
> please let me know.

I would happy to test this, but I have problems to make the working
saa7134-dvb with linuxtv CVS. I can't use Gerd's one coz the dependences.
Hm, but this seems to be compatible with one from kernel source tree.
But there must be something nasty, coz it cannot be compiled, and if I
compile it, it cannot be loaded to kernel due to these unresolved symbols.

kernel: saa7134_dvb: Unknown symbol videobuf_dvb_unregister
kernel: saa7134_dvb: Unknown symbol videobuf_dvb_register

I'm out of ideas :-(

I have Pinnacle MC 300i with kernel 2.6.10 from Debian distro.

--
Ondrej Zima <amiandrew@xxxxxxxx>
CZFree.NET administrator (http://czfree.net/)