[linux-dvb] Hauppauge Nexus-S v2.3 / Nova-s usb v2.2

Kenneth Aafl?y wrote:
> Istead of having the stv0299 inittab with slightly different values all over
> the place, what about having a default inittab in stv0299.c, and replace the
> inittab field of stv0299_config with a patch_inittab function that is called
> after the default have been loaded?

Of course, it could be done this way, but...

If you modify the shared global table you will automagically touch all
drivers which depend on this frontend. Usually you don't have the
hardware to test whether all drivers still work with the new settings.

I don't know how others think about that. I'd like to keep the drivers
as stable as possible. (Don't touch working drivers unless you can test
the modifications.) So I'd rather waste a few bytes and keep changes
local.

How do others think about this issue?

Oliver

VDR Remote Plugin available at