[linux-dvb] adapter failed MAC signature check on Siemens dvb-c

Peter Martens wrote:
> I am just diving into dvb for linux. I am however experiencing aa
> annoying problem with my siemens dvb-c card.
> I am using a 2.6.11 kernel with dvb compiled in. When booting the
> modules get loaded but I get a notification about MAC adres problem.
> When I try to scan for channels, it is impossible to tune.

Sorry, I don't know why tuning does not work for you.

> adapter failed MAC signature check
> encoded MAC from EEPROM was
> ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
> dvb-ttpci: gpioirq unknown type=0 len=0

You can safely ignore these messages. There is no MAC address in the
EEPROM of your card. Nothing to worry about.

Oliver

VDR Remote Plugin available at
http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/vdr/