Re: octeon-usb and dwc2 in staging are for the same hw

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 06:01:50AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> It was just pointed out to me by Sebastian that it looks like both the
> octeon-usb and dwc2 drivers in drivers/staging/ are for the same exact
> hardware core.
>
> Were you two aware of this?

It was mentioned here:

	http://marc.info/?l=linux-driver-devel&m=137028052222213&w=2

At the time, I thought octeon-usb was "more mature": "octeon-hcd was
written because we couldn't figure out how to fix the dwc2 driver so
that it wouldn't crash."

> As the dwc2 code seems to be the "more mature" codebase, any objection
> to me deleting the octeon-usb driver?

If it's possible to get it working on Octeon HW, then having a single
driver is of course the best solution. Is dwc2 fully functional (there
is no TODO file)? I'll check if I get it working, otherwise I'll be
disappointed if octeon-usb is deleted and I need to carry an out-of-tree
driver to use my board. :-)

> Aaro, as there is no MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE() set up for the octeon-usb
> code, and your module_init() function where you grab the hardware is,
> let's just say, "odd"[1], it's really hard to determine what hardware
> platforms this code even runs on.  Any hints?

The driver is only buildable for OCTEON SoC, and the function
cvmx_usb_get_num_ports() knows each SoC version if they have the USB
block or not.

A.