Re: Subjective cleanup process - ath6kl

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:11:47AM -0800, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> Greg,
>
> I'm doing some cleanup on ath6kl now. I want to ensure that future
> patches all address checkpatch.pl but this is pretty impossible if you
> first do not address the major complaints from checkpatch.pl line the
> spaces in the beginning of a line instead of spaces. I was thinking of
> addressing that first, and then later removing the extra space between
> call functions, so instead of foo () do foo(). And move up slow like
> that until we have something more Linux stylish. Is this OK? I want to
> get 2 patches out to you that you accept first.
>
>   Luis

For what it's worth, I have scripts that automatically verify white
space patches.  rename_rev.pl will work so long as none of the white
spaces are return chars and you don't change the comments.  Otherwise,
I have different scripts I use.

If changing the spaces at the start of the line makes it go over 80
chars, please don't fix that in the same patch, that should be separate.

regards,
dan carpenter