Change in how projects are going to work.

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 08:36:30PM -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 00:41:26 -0700
> Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:
>
> > > 	http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/patches/ldp/
> >
> > If anyone has any specific questions about any of the patches in the
> > above tree about what needs to be done, or how to help out, please let
> > me know.
>
> Ok, looking at the video input drivers:
>
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/patches/ldp/dvb-add-firesat-driver.patch
>
> This driver seems to need a major rework. It mixes IR, frontend/tuner and
> bridge in the same driver. The better is to split this on small pieces, and use
> the callbacks provided by dvb core.

I agree, it, and all of these need work, that's why they are in my tree
and not sent to you yet :)

I just got a huge update for this driver an hour ago, and will merge it
in over the next few days.

> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/patches/ldp/usb-add-sensoray-2255-v4l-driver.patch
>
> - The biggest issue here seems to be having the binary firmware enclosed inside
> the firmware. Also, we've just found a few bugs on videobuf-vmalloc. This may
> help to solve some pending problems.

Ah, thanks for the pointer.  Yes, the firmware is the most obvious
issue, one that is easy to address, I just haven't done it yet (patches
gladly accepted...)

> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/patches/ldp/video-add-the-go7007-driver.patch
>
> - This driver also needs a major rework. It has some duplicated drivers
> (saa7134, saa7113, saa7115, ...), and still uses an old design. The better is
> to work tightly integrated with V4L/DVB development environment, to allow
> reusing the existing drivers.

This is an older driver for hardware not made anymore, but might be nice
to get into the tree.  It's my lowest priority right now.

> I'm currently lacking the time to work on they by myself, since I'm currently
> evolved on fixing em28xx, and finishing tm6000 driver, but I can help someone
> interested on working on the drivers to give them the proper directions.

Thanks for the mini review, I appreciate it.

If anyone wants to help out, especially with the last two above, let me
know.  I have devices to test with as well.

thanks,

greg k-h