Change in how projects are going to work.

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 00:41:26 -0700
Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:

> > 	http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/patches/ldp/
>
> If anyone has any specific questions about any of the patches in the
> above tree about what needs to be done, or how to help out, please let
> me know.

Ok, looking at the video input drivers:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/patches/ldp/dvb-add-firesat-driver.patch

This driver seems to need a major rework. It mixes IR, frontend/tuner and
bridge in the same driver. The better is to split this on small pieces, and use
the callbacks provided by dvb core.

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/patches/ldp/usb-add-sensoray-2255-v4l-driver.patch

- The biggest issue here seems to be having the binary firmware enclosed inside
the firmware. Also, we've just found a few bugs on videobuf-vmalloc. This may
help to solve some pending problems.

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/patches/ldp/video-add-the-go7007-driver.patch

- This driver also needs a major rework. It has some duplicated drivers
(saa7134, saa7113, saa7115, ...), and still uses an old design. The better is
to work tightly integrated with V4L/DVB development environment, to allow
reusing the existing drivers.

I'm currently lacking the time to work on they by myself, since I'm currently
evolved on fixing em28xx, and finishing tm6000 driver, but I can help someone
interested on working on the drivers to give them the proper directions.

Cheers,
Mauro