Re: and that would be it for kerneldoc fixes

On 08/30/2012 05:46 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Aug 2012, Rob Landley wrote:
>
>> (Something I didn't quite cover in there was why wikis are less help
>> than you'd think. Wikis are great at holding a slush pile, but suck
>> at indexing it. Wikipedia can't tell a story, the closest you get is
>> tvtropes.com.)
>
>   agreed -- wikis are disastrously bad for *official* docs.  but for
> now, i started a new wiki page for just keeping track of stuff until
> we figure out where to put it:
>
> http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Kernel_Documentation

Who's "we", kemosabe?

>   that page is *totally* informal and just a place to dump ideas and
> keep track of stuff.  if you want to send me things to add to it, feel
> free.  very stream-of-consciousness.

I was at work until midnight friday, and spent most of yesterday
sleeping. Last night I left thunderbird running overnight to try to
download my new email, and it drove the box OOM (2 gigs ram plus lots of
swap) at some point overnight, or at least drove the horrible intel
binary-only wireless driver into its "I had a buffer allocatino failure
because obviously a wireless driver should kmalloc() and free() a buffer
for every packet handled, I'll go catatonic until somebody does the
rmmod; sleep 5; insmod dance about three times in a row until the
firmware deigns to reset itself instead of spitting out hex dump
diagnostic messages about why it couldn't." Then I biked to Fry's (about
7 miles from home) in 100 degree weather because I've gained 20 pounds
in the past year of sitting in a cubicle and

I am now set up in the Cafe at Fry's and going through a backlog of
stuff, but don't have net access here to look at a wiki, and in any case
I'm trying to work through the existing slush pile rather than adding to it.

I'm not looking for blue sky ideas right now, I'm looking for
suggestions on what to do _next_, in the short term. I've got a mess, I
need to clean it up. Designing a new filing system is a way to _avoid_
dealing with the mess. Dealing with the mess involves picking a thing
up, figuring out where it should go, and putting away.

I'm tempted to just spam the -trivial treat with patches to that effect,
it's just that's not trivial, so I need git tree for this. And that
means I have to deal with bureacuracy from kernel developers trying to
do web server administration, which works about as well as kernel
developers trying to design user interfaces (ala git).

> rday

Rob
--
GNU/Linux isn't: Linux=GPLv2, GNU=GPLv3+, they can't share code.
Either it's "mere aggregation", or a license violation.  Pick one.