Re: Conding style question regarding configuration

Le 30/05/2019 à 12:16, Pascal Van Leeuwen a écrit :
Yes. Code and data with static linkage will just be optimized away by
the compiler if the CONFIG_xx option is not enabled, so all you need
to guard are the actual statements, function calls etc.

Ok, makes sense. Then I'll just config out the relevant function bodies
and assume the compiler will do the rest ...

No need to config out function bodies when they are static.

Well, I got a complaint from someone that my driver updates for adding PCIE
support wouldn't  compile properly on a platform without a PCI(E) subsystem.
So I figure I do have to config out the references to PCI specific function
calls to fix that.

Do you have a link to your driver updates ? We could help you find the best solution.

Christophe

Or are you just referring to bodies of static subfunctions that are no
longer being called? Would the compiler skip those entirely?

If not, it's better to group then in a C file and associate that file
to the config symbol through Makefile

Christophe

Regards,
Pascal van Leeuwen