Re: Trouble accessing Buffalo NAS with CIFSFS

Hallo Jeff!

> This is certainly a very troublesome device :)

Absolutely sure. I won't recommend one to buy such a drive. I didn't
wanted to buy that type of drive but due to a communication problem
someone else bought me that one. As I didn't had to pay for it, there
was no reason to call for an exchange. Especially as the drive does
what I need .. ohps, did ... until I updated my Linux boxes to recent
kernel versions.

The drive itself isn't bad. It's fan less, silent and doesn't get hot
even on lengthy copy sessions (Samsung 1TB 3.5inch SATA drive).
Accessing the drive via USB gives speeds above 20 MByte per second,
which is not so bad for USB 2.0 drives. The NAS feature is handy but
awesome, however.

--
Harald