Re: Trouble accessing Buffalo NAS with CIFSFS

On 01/19/2012 01:37 PM, ralda@xxxxxx wrote:
> new installation. With CIFS I can mount the NAS station and I can see
> the directory listings, but whenever I try to copy a file to the NAS
> station the copy hangs and probably never return (leaving the process
> with a D status in process list).

> The NAS is mounted like this (output from /proc/mounts):
>
> //archiv/share /nas cifs rw,mand,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,sec=ntlm,
>   unc=\\archiv\share,username=root,uid=1002,forceuid,gid=65534,forcegid,
>   addr=192.168.178.3,file_mode=0600,dir_mode=0700,nounix,rsize=16384,
>   wsize=65216,actimeo=1
>   0 0
>
> mount.cifs --version: 1.10
>
> dmesg output gives info like this:
>
> CIFS VFS: Autodisabling the use of server inode numbers on \\archiv
> \share. This server doesn't seem to support them properly. Hardlinks
> will not be recognized on this mount. Consider mounting with the
> "noserverino" option to silence this message.
> CIFS VFS: Server archiv has not responded in 300 seconds.
> Reconnecting...
> CIFS VFS: sends on sock ae3b9b40 stuck for 15 seconds
> CIFS VFS: Error -11 sending data on socket to server
> CIFS VFS: sends on sock ae3b9b40 stuck for 15 seconds
> CIFS VFS: Error -11 sending data on socket to server
> CIFS VFS: sends on sock ae3b9b40 stuck for 15 seconds
> CIFS VFS: Error -11 sending data on socket to server
> CIFS VFS: Error -32 sending data on socket to server
> CIFS VFS: Error -32 sending data on socket to server
> CIFS VFS: Error -32 sending data on socket to server

Error -32 is -EPIPE and it is kinda unusual from kernel_sendmsg(). I'm
suspecting problems with CIFS socket/TCP state but hard to tell without
much information. Wondering perhaps, CIFS should also handle -EPIPE like
sunrpc and try to gracefully shutdown the socket on -EPIPE allowing
reconnections works without trouble...

Suresh