Re: Trouble accessing Buffalo NAS with CIFSFS

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 09:07:52 +0100
"ralda@xxxxxx" <ralda@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Some weeks ago I upgraded my Linux system to a recent kernel (currently
> 3.2.1). Since this update I have trouble accessing my NAS station
> (Buffalo DriveStation 2Share) with CIFSFS.
>
> Formerly I used an older 2.6er Kernel with SMBFS to mount and access
> the NAS station. The speed was not that high, but the connection worked
> without failures. As the SMBFS vanished I had to switch to CIFS in the
> new installation. With CIFS I can mount the NAS station and I can see
> the directory listings, but whenever I try to copy a file to the NAS
> station the copy hangs and probably never return (leaving the process
> with a D status in process list).
>
> The NAS is mounted like this (output from /proc/mounts):
>
> //archiv/share /nas cifs rw,mand,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,sec=ntlm,
>   unc=\\archiv\share,username=root,uid=1002,forceuid,gid=65534,forcegid,
>   addr=192.168.178.3,file_mode=0600,dir_mode=0700,nounix,rsize=16384,
>   wsize=65216,actimeo=1
>   0 0
>
> mount.cifs --version: 1.10
>
> dmesg output gives info like this:
>
> CIFS VFS: Autodisabling the use of server inode numbers on \\archiv
> \share. This server doesn't seem to support them properly. Hardlinks
> will not be recognized on this mount. Consider mounting with the
> "noserverino" option to silence this message.
> CIFS VFS: Server archiv has not responded in 300 seconds.
> Reconnecting...
> CIFS VFS: sends on sock ae3b9b40 stuck for 15 seconds
> CIFS VFS: Error -11 sending data on socket to server
> CIFS VFS: sends on sock ae3b9b40 stuck for 15 seconds
> CIFS VFS: Error -11 sending data on socket to server
> CIFS VFS: sends on sock ae3b9b40 stuck for 15 seconds
> CIFS VFS: Error -11 sending data on socket to server
> CIFS VFS: Error -32 sending data on socket to server
> CIFS VFS: Error -32 sending data on socket to server
> CIFS VFS: Error -32 sending data on socket to server
>
> adding "noserverino" to mount options silences one message in the above
> list but changes the other behavior.
>
> CIFS is compiled statically into the kernel. Self optimized statical
> kernel, not standard modular distro kernel.
>
> I really need help to get the NAS back to a working state. Feel free to
> ask for any information you need for diagnosis. If required I'm able to
> add patches and recompile the kernel for diagnosis.
>
> Thx ahead
> Harald

It sounds like the server is not responding for some reason. We'll
probably need to see a network capture to understand what's going on:

    http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/LinuxCIFS_troubleshooting#Wire_Captures

If you can open a bug at bugzilla.samba.org, you can upload the
captures there and won't need to send it to the mailing list. If you do
that, please cc me on it.

Thanks,
--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxx>