Re: [GIT] CIFS Fixes

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 17:15:15 -0400
Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm not complaining about Pavel - he has generally done outstanding
> work.
>
> But patches posted the first time in that form two days ago (and the
> first time completely for a long time) are simply not suitable for
> this merge window.  I talked with Jeff about them very briefly at Kernel
> Summit and we will review them, and they will almost certainly need
> another respin or two.
>
> Please learn the basic of kernel tree maintainance.

I agree. It's definitely premature to merge this series. The patches
themselves have never been posted to the list AFAICT, though Pavel has
on occasion posted a link to his git tree. That's not the same thing
however. As a general rule...

   "If it's not on the list, then it doesn't exist"

No one will do any comprehensive review of patches that have not been
sent to the list. I suggest you re-target the SMB2 series for 3.3 once
we've had an opportunity to review it.

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxx>