Re: can-isotp: TX stmin violations

On 04.01.22 22:18, Patrick Menschel wrote:
Am 04.01.22 um 13:37 schrieb Oliver Hartkopp:
actually spec says *average* gap time should not fall below STMIN.

I did not see this average gap recommendation so far.

the *average* info is from a german translation.

There is a note at the end of the section where it states that due to
jitter in networking, *average* st's comply to STmin.

Aah!

In fact the discussion hits a valid point. On the one side you might think about a time slotted receive task that might only be able to process a frame inside this slot. At least in the 'very early' days of CAN transport protocols I've heard about such weird implementations.

On the other side (as we can see from the jitter in Maiks's original question) we face different requirements in todays implementations. Here an *average* result makes sense. But this is no implementation requirement but a testing requirement to relax the STmin timing checks then.

Thanks for the recap!

Best regards,
Oliver

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]