can-isotp: TX stmin violations

Hello everyone,

I'm currently trying to get a device to do isotp.
Sending and receiving seems to be working perfectly fine.

I'm having the issue that when sending a packet, I can see sporadic
violations of the receivers requested min tx separation time.

The pattern always seems to be the following:

Imagine the receiver requests a min tx separation time of 2 ms in a
control frame.

I then sometimes get consecutive frames with the following scheme
of timestamps on an externally connected logger

..

0.0 ms : CF#1
2.5 ms : CF#2
4.0 ms : CF#3

..

In this example CF#2 is delayed by .5 ms on the wire while CF#3 is sent .5 ms too early
when I look at the delta between CF#2 and CF#3 .

To me it seems that, while the messages are put into some tx-queue at the
correct time, they are not actually put on the wire at that exact time leading to CF#3
being put on the wire too early.

I'm probably completely in the wrong here, but I would greatly appreciate any input.

Regards,
Maik

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]