Re: can-isotp: TX stmin violations

Am 03.01.22 um 18:40 schrieb Oliver Hartkopp:
>> In this example CF#2 is delayed by .5 ms on the wire while CF#3 is
>> sent .5 ms too early
>> when I look at the delta between CF#2 and CF#3 .
>>
>> To me it seems that, while the messages are put into some tx-queue at the
>> correct time, they are not actually put on the wire at that exact time
>> leading to CF#3
>> being put on the wire too early.
>
> Yes. The CAN frames are sent with a 'minimum' gap which is defined with
> STmin, see isotp_tx_timer_handler().
>
> Generally the handling and the sending of the frame is processed - and
> *then* the offset gap of the current time is added. In your case it
> should always be *slightly more* than 2ms, which is fine from the STmin
> specification intention.

Hi,

actually spec says *average* gap time should not fall below STMIN.

That .5 is actually not bad at all.
I have seen some autosar manufacturers stretching the spec up to the
point where you request stmin=5 and get st=10 by design.

Regards,
Patrick

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]