RE: PCI/PCIe cards and MSI support

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for your reply.

> This seems a bad idea. Loading the module should not allocate resources.
> A reasonable point IMHO is the probe of a device.

That's what I was thinking, sorry for the approximation and misunderstanding. So, you confirm that I can modify the driver to request_irq() when probing the CAN channels one after the other rather than when these are opened?

Regards,

---
Stéphane Grosjean
PEAK-System France
132, rue André Bisiaux
F-54320 MAXEVILLE
Tél : +(33) 9.72.54.51.97

> or if the driver can decide to request (resp. free) IRQs when loading (resp. unloading)

> the module?

This seems a bad idea. Loading the module should not allocate resources.

A reasonable point IMHO is the probe of a device.

Kurt

--
PEAK-System Technik GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft Darmstadt - HRB 9183

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]