Re: BCM on ethernet link

Hi Oliver,

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 4:29 PM Oliver Hartkopp <socketcan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Laurent,
>
> On 11/07/2019 10.49, laurent vaudoit wrote:
>
> > Currently we use mainly TX periodical frames with update of frame when
> > needed (when a data change in our application)
> > and also RX stuffs, with rx timeout to be inform if a frame was not received.
>
> The reason for cyclic messages in cars is to detect failures on the
> transmission side (frames missing) or cover failures and restarts of the
> receiver side - e.g. due to undervoltage which might hit different ECUs
> in different manners.

we use it for some different purpose, but basically it is the same.

> As RDS provides a reliable transport the only missing function is to
> handle these startup and recovery situations. E.g. when the data sink
> reboots the content has to be pushed again.

yes it is the idea now.
thanks for your advice

> Regards,
> Oliver
Best Regards
Laurent

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]