BCM on ethernet link

Hi all,
we are using CAN-BCM protocol for communication between two cpu (one
with Linux, the other one without OS).
The communication is basically exchanging some data periodically
between the 2 cpus (to keep data synchronous between the 2 side)

On a futur architecture of the board, we plan to get some ethernet
link between the 2 CPUs instead of CAN.
But with still a "Linux CPU" and the other one without OS (which
exclude too complex implementation).

So my idea was to write a driver inspired from can-bcm, but instead of
using can frame using some TCP or UDP socket.  Userspace would use
netlink socket to communicate with the driver, as this would not be a
AF_CAN driver.

But before starting this work, i was wondering:
-if it is the good choice?
-if there  is some existing implementation which could be the good
choice, or a better start point?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Regards
Laurent

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]