Re: BCM on ethernet link

Hi Laurent,

On 11/07/2019 10.49, laurent vaudoit wrote:

Currently we use mainly TX periodical frames with update of frame when
needed (when a data change in our application)
and also RX stuffs, with rx timeout to be inform if a frame was not received.

The reason for cyclic messages in cars is to detect failures on the transmission side (frames missing) or cover failures and restarts of the receiver side - e.g. due to undervoltage which might hit different ECUs in different manners.

As RDS provides a reliable transport the only missing function is to handle these startup and recovery situations. E.g. when the data sink reboots the content has to be pushed again.

Regards,
Oliver

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]