Re: J1939: problem in CM mode

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 3:42 PM Marc Kleine-Budde <mkl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 1/23/19 3:34 PM, laurent vaudoit wrote:
> > our client had some crash when using some simulation file, which send
> > frame with the same source address as our j1939 board.
> >
> > after analysing, it seems it was related to some specific behaviour
> > with rt-patch.
> >
> > so to avoid crash, and after some discussion on mailing list,
> > confirming this was not some legal usecase, we decided to drop frame
> > (in j1939/main.c) coming with
> > the same source address as our board.
> > And this is this filter who make the CM not working.
> > Now il drop only frame with same source address, coming from external
> > (not loopback)
>
> So you hardcoded a filter in j1939/main.c, after adjusting the filter it
> works now.

exact.

> Can you give us a dump of the illegal traffic to analyse and fix the
> crash with the recent version of the j1939 stack?

unfortunately, as it was some confidential vehicule log, i'm not
allowed to share it, sorry.
the analyze i made was that
"Issue happens when we interconnect 2 can nodes with the same SA and
both are exchanging multipacket broadcast message."
also, the problem was not existing when we do not apply rt_patch.

> BTW: I've just pushed the latest iteration to the linux-can-next git.
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mkl/linux-can-next.git/log/?h=j1939
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mkl/linux-can-next.git/log/?h=j1939-individual

great!
> Marc

Laurent
> --
> Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
> Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
> Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
> Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]