Re: [Linux-cachefs] Newbie

> http://labrat.unl.edu/cachefs/2.6.14-mm2/cachefs.sh
>
> I'm sure this is WAY too basic for 99% of the people here but it might
> help someone down the road, or me when I forget what I did.

Thanks Cesar, I think this helps.

Locating things one should mix to get disk-cached NFS is really rather
annoying task, I suppose it might deter people who would otherwise
test, report (and maybe fix) bugs and explain to others how great this
thing is.

It is a shame that something so great only lives on a half-dead maillist.

Maybe we could at least create a Wiki page somewhere and concentrate
basic related knowledge there?

> Somewhere I read that I might need a different version of util-linux.
> Is this still true?  Or is it not needed anymore?

I am afraid it is still needed, the necessity to set one more bit in
some structure passed to kernel is rather permanent. (The only other
way around would be to go back to misusing one other unrelated bit, it
used to be hacked this way in the beginning. Or smuggle that bit
through some unrelated kernel interface - grr, not.)

Best Regards

Vaclav