Re: [Linux-cachefs] Newbie

Thanks a lot David. Somewhere I read that I might need a different version of util-linux. Is this still true? Or is it not needed anymore?

I tinkered a bit today with those patches and got the 2.6.14-mm2 kernel to patch cleanly.

Just because this is something I would like to have seen to help me get started here's a script that will download the necessary files (kernel, -mm patch, and David's patches from my server in case they are changed on the RH server) and patches everything. All one needs to do is run `make menuconfig` and setup the kernel the way they want to.

http://labrat.unl.edu/cachefs/2.6.14-mm2/cachefs.sh

I'm sure this is WAY too basic for 99% of the people here but it might help someone down the road, or me when I forget what I did.

Cheers,

-Cesar

David Howells wrote:
Cesar Delgado <cdelgad2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I guess this might be a simple question but I just can't seem to find the
answer.  Where can I get the latest patch for cachefs?  I've gone to the
~dhowells/cachefs page and seem to find stuff there, but the -mm kernel 2.6.13
doesn't have any of the files the cachefs patch patches. Is there instructions
somewhere to get the latest/stable version up and running?

Sorry for not answering sooner, but I've been on holiday.

The latest patches are in:

	http://people.redhat.com/~dhowells/cachefs/

I'm working on improving the performance at the moment, and fixing a few bugs.

David