Re: Problem with StopDiscovery() via dbus-send

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 4:58 AM, Проклов Александр Валерьевич
<ProklovAV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  Hello All,
>
> Thanks for your work. Since version bluez-5.50 start-stop discovery work
> from command line and scripts:
> #bluetoothctl scan on
> #bluetoothctl scan off
> (see mail-list "Problem with StopDiscovery() via dbus-send")

> My next task is to do pair with device from bash script. I tried several
> ways:
> 1. #bluetoothctl pair 11:22:33:44:55:66 does not work because the agent is
> not created.
> 2. Make  agent via Dbus:
> #dbus-send --system --print-reply --type=method_call --dest=org.bluez
> /org/bluez org.bluez.AgentManager1.RegisterAgent objpath:/org/bluez/agent1
> string:KeyboardOnly
> the command works, but I do not see in Dbus /org/bluez/agent1 created.
> 3. Make agent via bluetoothctl:
> [bluetooth]#agent on
> the command works, but I do not see in Dbus agent path!.

Im not sure Im following, you would like to have non-interactive mode
working for bluetoothctl pair? The point number 2 don't make much
sense since dbus-send normally disconnected after the reply that means
the agent would be gone, also regarding 3 if you use a more recent
version of bluetootctl it registers and agent automatically nowadays.

> May be possible to set a default pin code via /etc/bluetooth/main.conf
> if it is available, do not make a request for a pin from the command line? I
> think that then #bluetoothctl pair 11:22:33:44:55:66 will be able to work
> fine.

That is something I had in mind, lets see if I can come up with something.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz