Re: [bug report] Reproducible pairing loss after reboot / Mediatek RZ616 [partly resolved / probably not a Bluez bug]

On Thu, 2024-07-04 at 16:30 +0200, usul@xxxxxx wrote:

> Am 4. Juli 2024 16:17:32 MESZ schrieb Luiz Augusto von Dentz
> <luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > Hi Bastien,
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 4, 2024 at 4:20 AM Bastien Nocera <hadess@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:

> > > There hasn't been a pairing agent in GNOME outside the Bluetooth
> > > Settings panel for more than 10 years.
> > >
> > > I've never seen this being a problem before.
> > >
> > > Fedora uses the main.conf shipped by bluez with no changes
> > > (except
> > > AutoEnable to true, which does nothing as it's already the
> > > default):
> > > https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/bluez/blob/rawhide/f/bluez.spec#_196
> >
> > Hmm, so if you got a incoming pairing request there is nothing to
> > respond to authentication? Well even in that case it doesn't
> > explain
> > why there was no agent while setting up a new device, or perhaps
> > that
> > is not how setting up new devices works nowadays? Jonas, did you
> > use
> > the gnome setting panel to set it up or did you use something else?
> >

> When initial pairing was done with the gnome settings, I would not be
> able to reconnect after reboot. Now that I did the pairing with
> bluetoothctl, it survives a reboot.

I have no idea what the difference could be between pairing with GNOME,
or pairing with bluetoothctl, there really shouldn't be any difference.

Would be good to capture both cases to see whether there's any
difference, checking the /var/lib/bluetooth files after pairing in each
case might also show some differences.

The device looks like it supports pairing to multiple computers (look
at the channel display at the bottom:
https://www.cherry-world.com/gentix-bt
Maybe that's part of the problem?

Cheers