Re: [bug report] Reproducible pairing loss after reboot / Mediatek RZ616 [partly resolved / probably not a Bluez bug]

Am 4. Juli 2024 16:17:32 MESZ schrieb Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx>:
>Hi Bastien,
>
>On Thu, Jul 4, 2024 at 4:20 AM Bastien Nocera <hadess@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 2024-07-03 at 13:31 -0400, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
>> > <snip>
>> > @Bastien Nocera do you happen to know why gnome not register a
>> > pairing
>> > agent? Ive seem quite a few reports of things not working after
>> > rebooting lately which hints to No-bonding pairing happening or
>> > perhaps fedora uses main.conf:AlwaysPairable?
>>
>> There hasn't been a pairing agent in GNOME outside the Bluetooth
>> Settings panel for more than 10 years.
>>
>> I've never seen this being a problem before.
>>
>> Fedora uses the main.conf shipped by bluez with no changes (except
>> AutoEnable to true, which does nothing as it's already the default):
>> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/bluez/blob/rawhide/f/bluez.spec#_196
>
>Hmm, so if you got a incoming pairing request there is nothing to
>respond to authentication? Well even in that case it doesn't explain
>why there was no agent while setting up a new device, or perhaps that
>is not how setting up new devices works nowadays? Jonas, did you use
>the gnome setting panel to set it up or did you use something else?

When initial pairing was done with the gnome settings, I would not be able to reconnect after reboot. Now that I did the pairing with bluetoothctl, it survives a reboot.

The connection still breaks once in a while (about 5x per day) and then needs a few seconds to repair itself. But that might be a different problem. I'll try to capture a log of this as well.
(Sorry, re-sending because my mobile phone didn't accept answer-to-all)