Re: [bug report] Reproducible pairing loss after reboot / Mediatek RZ616

Hi Jonas,

On Wed, Jul 3, 2024 at 5:01 AM Jonas Özbay <usul@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Bluetooth List,
>
> this is a first post here as I found no other place to report bugs. Please forgive if I do not report according to the expected format or missed any additional information and point me to the respective guidelines - thank you!
>
> ==Problem summary:==
> Bluetooth pairing with a mouse is lost after system reboot. The pairing has to be removed and a new pairing initiated for being able to use the mouse again.
>
> ==System specifications:==
> Framework Laptop 16 (Batch 7)
> CPU: Ryzen 7 7840HS
> GPU: AMD RX 7700S
> WiFi/BT controller: Mediatek RZ616
> Linux Kernel: 6.9.7-200.fc40.x86_64
> Distro: Fedora 40
> Bluez version: 5.76-1.fc40
> Peripheral device: Cherry Gentix BT
>
> ==Reproduction steps:==
> 1) Pair the Bluetooth mouse via GUI or bluetoothctl
> 2) The mouse will now work as expected
> 3) Reboot the system
> 4) The mouse does not work, the GUI might switch between "connected/disconnected"
> 5) start btmon
> 6) clicking the left mouse button produced the attached btmon log

Weird, it is doing a pairing request right away:

< ACL Data TX: Handle 512 flags 0x00 dlen 11

#11 [hci0] 2.185573
      SMP: Pairing Request (0x01) len 6
        IO capability: NoInputNoOutput (0x03)
        OOB data: Authentication data not present (0x00)
        Authentication requirement: No bonding, No MITM, SC, No
Keypresses, CT2 (0x28)
        Max encryption key size: 16
        Initiator key distribution: <none> (0x08)
        Responder key distribution: IdKey LinkKey (0x0a)

But it is doing No bonding, so perhaps that is the real problem here
since that indicates to bluetoothd not to store the keys. The No
Bonding is controlled by HCI_BONDABLE flag which is set by
MGMT_OP_SET_BONDABLE which by default is false but is automatically
set to true once a pairing agent is registered, try reproducing this
with bluetoothctl and if you are not able to this must be gnome/fedora
not registering an agent.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz