Re: bcache_gc: BUG: soft lockup

(intentional top-post)

There are a number of stability patches that haven't found their way to
mainstream yet.  We have been using bcache for over a year now with great
stability and no dataloss with these patches.  Try pulling the branch that
I just set up to maintain these commits:

https://github.com/ewheelerinc/linux/commits/bcache-patches-for-3.17

git add remote ewheelerinc https://github.com/ewheelerinc/linux.git
git fetch ewheelerinc
git merge ewheelerinc/bcache-patches-for-3.17

This is a clone of Linus's tree circa 3.17-rc1 so git merge should bring
this in cleanly to any later branch.  You could cherry-pick as well.
I've tested and this will also merge cleanly into v4.1.13.

Note that I've not written any of these patches, I just keep them around
since they make the difference between stable and unstable for bcache.
The original authors and their discussions are included in the commit
notes.

--
Eric Wheeler, President           eWheeler, Inc. dba Global Linux Security
888-LINUX26 (888-546-8926)        Fax: 503-716-3878           PO Box 25107