[PULL REQUEST]: bcache stability patches

Hello all,

Please pull this bcache branch with stability patches and see if it fixes
any issue that you might have!  If you have stability patches (*that you
have tested*) which are not part of this branch, then please forward them
so they can be included.

We have been using bcache with great performance and stability for over a
year; it is the best SSD caching mechanism that we have found for our
workload.

I've been collecting these fixes for a while now and just put them up on
github so they can be easily merged.  I continue to see mailing list
discussions about problems that users are having which these patches
address, so hopefully we can get these merged:

  https://github.com/ewheelerinc/linux/commits/bcache-patches-for-3.17
  git add remote ewheelerinc https://github.com/ewheelerinc/linux.git
  git fetch ewheelerinc
  git merge ewheelerinc/bcache-patches-for-3.17

This branch is from a clone of Linus's tree circa 3.17-rc so git merge
should bring this in cleanly to any later branch.  This will merge cleanly
into kernel.org longerm versions v4.1.13 and v3.18.24.  The original
author is cited in each commit; you are being Cc'ed in this email if you
are an author on any of these patches or are part of a mailing list thread
indicating problems that this pull may fix.

Each commit includes `Cc: stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx` so if they get pulled
into mainline we will see bcache stable on the newer LTS branches of
kernel.org.

This git branch includes patches that have been collected and tested by
Denis Bychkov from his post on 2015-09-16 with one exception: the
refill_dirty() patch has been updated to the latest stable version which
Kent posted the next day.  The refill_dirty patch addresses issues when
bcache is backed by raid5/6 md's causing
queue_limits->partial_stripes_expensive to be nonzero.

Kent,

Can this be sent to Jens for a pull into mainline?  If you can give your
OK on this patchset then I'll approach Jens and see if he can pull this
in.  Maybe Cc him in your response.

If there's anything in here that you would like to omit or change from
this pull then let me know and I'll rebase.

Thanks!

-Eric

--
Eric Wheeler, President           eWheeler, Inc. dba Global Linux Security
888-LINUX26 (888-546-8926)        Fax: 503-716-3878           PO Box 25107