Re: What is the best MP3 encoder?

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Chris Bannister <cbannister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 06:31:24PM +0100, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:
> 48Khz will not help at all when it comes to artifacts and the raw
> material is usually in 44.1 (and sometimes in 96 or 192) anyway.
> Speaking about bitrates higher than what the human ear can hear,
> here is some cool info about high bit rates:
>
>     http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

This is highly controversal amongst audio enthusiasts. (Don't mean the
link, just the subject.)

highly controversial in the way that, say, climate change or evolutuon is highly controversial.

on one side, we have a group of people dedicated to measurement, reproduceable results, correct testing methodology, science.

on the other side, we have a group of people dedicated to woo.

that isn't a controversy, it's the endless scream of the stupid in the face of the truth.