Re: What is the best MP3 encoder?

On 03/28/2013 04:43 PM, Raffaele Morelli wrote:
best result: lame --preset insane <infile>

The "insane" parameter name led me to understand that Audacity do use Lame as well. I use the insane parameter when exporting to MP3 from Audacity.In that case, I might not be satisfied with Lame at all.

But If "lame --preset insane" is the best thing in the Linux audio world, then I might have to rethink how my mixes should be in order to avoid the problems. One thing I have noticed is that esses (mostly when accentuated from compression), dithering (or not) and tape saturation affects the final audio result of a MP3 file.

If,