Re: Terratec PHASE X24 Firewire

On Friday 26 February 2010 13:49:35 Igor Brkic wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Nils Hammerfest <list@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > No limits, it works. But its just a bad device, sounds bad.
> > Buy something better, it will last for many years.
> Can you explain a bit more? Do you maybe have suggestion in that price
>  range?
> Other devices I considered are Echo AudioFire2 (FW), E-MU Tracker pre
> USB2 and Lexicon Omega (USB).

I don't know about your financial setting. But the saffire pro24 is around 300€
on thomann. And it works completely with ffado trunk (what will eventually
become 2.1 some day).
Or look at the "simple" focusrite saffire, which is around 250€ and works with
ffado2.0...

Basically you shouldn't buy cheap when it comes to audio-equipment. Its not
worth it. The average pro sound device lasts longer then the computer its
connected to, why would you buy quality memory but save on the sound device?

Arnold