Re: lmms static through jackd

2009/10/11 Dave Phillips <dlphillips@xxxxxxxxxx>
I'm surprised by your comment, and I think you're reading too much into
my own.

Yes, now that I take a look at my reply again it appears to have mistaken critique for condemnation. My bad, Dave =p

It just occured to me that everytime "LMMS" pops up here it's bombarded with the fact that it doesn't play nice with JACK, and as such should not be considered as a viable option for a Linux sequencing/synthesizing application. To an extent that to someone who does use LMMS, it's FUD.

Not JACK-friendly = true
Not usable = false

Personally, it's helped me quite a lot in checking out my compositions against SF2 banks. And back when it didn't have SF2, it served as my primary sequencer and VSTi host (from which vestige came along). It still does.

Frankly, if I'm writing an audio app then I would make sure that
critical audio issues receive the bulk of my attention. From what I've
gleaned from the discourse here, I'd conclude that the LMMS devs do want
to improve their JACK support, but they don't know how. The LAD and JACK
mail lists exist for just such a purpose, perhaps the LMMS devs can be
directed to those lists for the assistance they need.

Correct, but as you and I both know, there are developers who take the initiative to ask for solutions and those who don't.

Anyway, you're right - I'm reading too much into it =/