Re: a question for any Dell Inspiron owners

Dave Phillips wrote:
Arnold Krille wrote:

Turning off the 3D- or surround effects for wider stereo could help.
These simulate wider stereo fields with rather simple (and bad)
methods. Turn them off and see if the echo is away.

I thought of that, but I couldn't find any controls on the supplied mixer that would disable the effect. Maybe I missed 'em, I'll check again when I'm at the machine.

Could be a property set in their audio device driver, not something set in mixer.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx