Re: Re: Intel HDA and Jack

On 6/14/06, I. E. Smith-Heisters <public@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Okay, looked at it some more. When RT is enabled, jack just locks up
and the watchdog terminates the process, regardless of the buffer
size. When RT is disabled the xruns are allowed to continue, and the
number of xruns decreases with a higher buffer size (but never go
below about 10/second). There's no evidence that RT mode has failed to
be set. This is all as root.

I am using the proprietary NVIDIA drivers, as gotten from the Ubuntu
repositories. I would be surprised if this had anything to do with it
though, since direct alsa works fine with the same xOrg drivers.
Unless, of course, there's some software conflict between the video
drivers and jack itself (as opposed to there being a hardware-level
conflict).

It would not surprise me for the proprietary drivers to behave in
a non-realtime-safe manner.  This would affect JACK much worse
than some heavily-buffered ALSA application.

Can you try it with the open source driver to compare?
--
joq