Re: Re: Intel HDA and Jack

lol.

Yes, it's a laptop. No, it's not my first time dealing with
consumer-grade integrated audio chipsets. No, I don't have money for a
Hammerfall or an FA-66. And yes, I think it should be possible to at
least get it *working*, if not with sub 10ms latency.

Thanks anyhow.

On 6/13/06, Arnold Krille <arnold.krille@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2006/6/13, I. E. Smith-Heisters <public@xxxxxxxx>:
> I'm having problems with my Intel HD Audio chipset and jack, and was
> wondering if any of you might have some tips. I'm running Ubuntu
> Dapper, and everything works fine out of the box. ESD works, aplay
> works, etc.. When I start jackd the xruns fly by about as fast as they
> can. If I start it with RT enabled, it just times out and crashes.
> Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Is that a laptop?

If yes: {
  Is it your first experience with jack on laptop-builtins?

  If yes: {
    Get used to it. And get a real sounddevice for professional usage...
  }
}

Arnold

--