Autotalent: questions about the parameter ranges and meaning

Hey hey,
I tried to use autotalent again and couldn't make it work. I'm using it from the commandline, so I only see the ports with their underlying numeric ranges. So I'd like to ask a few questions about meanings/mechanisms of the parameters.

The note name parameters, i.e. A, Bb, B, ... what do these paremters do? Select a scale? So setting Bb to -1 will correct a detected Bb to A?

"Output scale rotate (scale notes)" I can't make any sense of this one.

The rest seems clear enough. When I've used it so far "pull to fixed pitch" has worked very well, as did formant warp. But the basic pitch correction I couldn't get to work. I did apply a good deal of compression before the plugin to make pitch detection easier, but to no avail. So I think I set some of the parameters incorrectly, didn't realise the interdependence of controls.

I'd be very grateful if someone could help me find my feet with this plugin.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

 * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Say hello to the girl that I am! <3