Re: Open Sound Control: Is it still a thing?

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 3:52 PM robertlazarski <robertlazarski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Still, I also work a lot with udp for high volume applications and despite its shortcomings I would choose udp over MIDI if I had a choice. I get frustrated with midi often due to lack of universal MTC/MMC

This seems odd to me. There's no single OSC message you can send that will have anything like the result of *supported* MTC/MMC in more than one OSC receiver.

Yes, MTC and MMC are far from universally supported, but when they are, MTC and Level 1 MMC (at least) will Just Work (TM). That's simply not the case for OSC.