Re: Look ma, I'm in the paper :)

On Wed, 2 Nov 2016, Louigi Verona wrote:

Therefore, open source desktop DSP program written in C++ is only relevant to a
person who knows DSP coding on the desktop using C++. So, a given open source
program is potentially interested only to a segment of developer community.

Nope, not true at all. With a knowledge of c (mostly K&R to boot), reading and changing code in an audio application helped me to learn c++ (with help from c++ references). SOmething I was unable to do using courses, tutorials, books references, etc. (I tried). Not only that the c++ I learned was not in any way to do with GUIs, yet with that start I was able to then create my own projects in c++ with GUIs. Language is language, sometimes things don't work the way that makes sense. I now choose c++ over c just for ease of debugging.... the other thing that helps with learning is mistakes. Make lots of them and you will learn faster... well I do anyway.

We all learn differently.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net