Slightly OT: Taking Unix/Linux class?

I'd like to get opinions on possibly taking a linux/unix course. We run a
Red Hat 9 linux server in a small business, and I come from a primarily
windows environment (though I do use a little Unix on Mac OS X). I was
debating taking a unix/linux course at a local community college. We also
own "Red Hat Linux Networking and System Administration", but obviously I
need the time to read this book. I don't have the luxury of playing with our
server to learn and get hands-on feel.

So based on this course description...is it worth it? How in-depth do
community college courses of this nature go? Is there another, perhaps
better way to go about learning what I need to know?

CIT-220 Unix Operating System
------------------------------
Section AW60 R
 06:15PM-09:20PM
 (3 credits)
Dates: 01/26/04 - 05/01/04
Prerequisite(s): PREREQUISITES: CIT111, CIT115
This course introduces students to the UNIX and LINUX operating systems.
Lecture and classroom labs using a UNIX/LINUX operating system
environment cover the following topics: internal design concepts, command
line
interface, text editing, shell scripting, and file maintenance tools.
Additional topics include tools and facilities used in administering a
small network including user account management, file system permissions,
printer management, system monitoring, backup/restore of files, and other
administrative tools.

Thanks,
Eve

-