Re: Kernel stops at "PM: Preparing system for mem sleep", never makes it to "Freezing user space processes ... "

I have managed to track where the kernel stops and generate sort of a backtrace.
The result is this (line numbers against linux-3.4.9)

drivers/tty/vt/vt_ioctl.c:133: wait_event_interruptible
drivers/tty/vt/vt_ioctl.c:1426: vt_waitactive
kernel/power/console.c:19: vt_move_to_console
kernel/power/suspend.c:98: pm_prepare_console
suspend_prepare called

Execution stops at wait_event_interruptible. Any ideas why this might be?

Thanks!

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Athlion <athlion@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Some new information, if that is helpful at all.
>
> I have managed to circumvent the problem (I am not at 68 hours uptime
> with proper suspend/resume by closing the lid) by killing the X server
> every now and then (every 10-12 hours). Anyway, this afternoon, my
> battery was drained and the system hibernated. On resume I saw this:
>
> Aug 16 17:45:55 localhost kernel: [28755.912618] Uhhuh. NMI received
> for unknown reason 3d on CPU 0.
> Aug 16 17:45:55 localhost kernel: [28755.912622] Do you have a strange
> power saving mode enabled?
> Aug 16 17:45:55 localhost kernel: [28755.912623] Dazed and confused,
> but trying to continue
>
> Is this maybe related to my problem?
>
> Thanks!
>
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Athlion <athlion@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> And this is the dmesg with pci=nocrs acpi_osi=Linux
>>
>> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63420/dmesg2.txt
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Athlion <athlion@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Here is my dmesg from a clean boot:
>>>
>>> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63420/dmesg.txt
>>>
>>> Now that I scanned it more thoroughly I found these:
>>>
>>> [    0.363136] [Firmware Bug]: ACPI: BIOS _OSI(Linux) query ignored
>>> and
>>> [    0.387856] PCI: Using host bridge windows from ACPI; if necessary,
>>> use "pci=nocrs" and report a bug
>>>
>>> my /proc/cmdline is:
>>> BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-linux
>>> root=UUID=44cf687d-4827-4765-8758-98d44a745d07 ro quiet